Friday 2 November 2012

NaNoWritMo - Day 2 - Tilly comes to life

Already into day two of writing and I'm pleased to announce that I am right on track with my character's developing nicely.  However, I have to declare the genre of my story has already changed from my original idea of a children's book to now more of a focus on YA; something along the same lines of a Terry Pratchett auidence, or John Marsden even.  And in saying this, my main character Tilly just grew up slightly, becoming a teenager of thirteen. 

For those who haven't done so already, I have been doing the sums and worked out if I reach a word count of at least 1667 words a day I will achieve 50,000 words by the end of this challenge; not such a hard task...?

For those interested here is a little excerpt from my first chapter - already completed I might add.

'Tomorrow is pension day; it’s when all the old people have money appear in their bank accounts without having to go to work.  I can’t wait to be a pensioner.  Usually on pension day and even the day after we get really busy, but some of these so called pensioners don’t seem old enough to be a pensioner?  Some look younger than Aunty Helen, so she must be worried that her skin regime is not all what it is cracked up to be.' 
Stay tuned for the next installment! Day three is fast approaching.

1 comment:

MY FIRST PUBLICATION! WHITE BUTTERFLY Here it is, and yes, it's hard to believe after so many years of writing, researching, interviewin...